It is easy to take screenshots of the photos and pictures that your friends upload on their WhatsApp status. The screenshots get saved inside your gallery and you can access them at any time. But what in the case of videos? How will you save them inside your device? It feels awkward to constantly ask your friends to send the videos in your personal chat.
If you Google the query on – How to download WhatsApp status videos on your smartphone or something like that, you will find that almost all the websites present out there will tell you the same technique.
The common technique to download WhatsApp Status Videos
Here is the common technique that these websites will recommend you:
- Download Files by Google from the Google Play Store.
- Open it and click on the Hamburger menu located at the top left corner.
- Go to settings and press the toggle button located in front of the ‘Show hidden files’.
- Open the File Manager of your phone and go to internal storage.
- Select WhatsApp > Media > .Statuses
- All the status that you have viewed on WhatsApp can be accessed from this .Statutes folder.
- Long press on the video you want to download and select copy.
- Paste it in your favorite location.
But, the above method didn’t work for me. I am using Xiaomi’s Redmi device. Redmi devices with MIUI interface doesn’t carry this .Statuses folder feature.
Maybe, this method will work for you if you are on a different Android device like Samsung, Motorola, Google Pixel, etc.
Moreover, the steps are quite large and undoubtedly, time-consuming. So, here is an uncomplicated and swift method for you.
The Simplest Way to Download WhatsApp Status Videos
The most convenient way to download WhatsApp status videos is by using the MX Player app.
- Open MX Player > Local > Save WhatsApp Status.
- Save your favorite WhatsApp status videos by tapping the video once.
- The saved videos can be accessed from the MX Player itself inside the Saved Section, which is present beside the Status Videos Window.
In case, you want to share the video with your friends, just open the video > select the kebab menu (3-dot menu) > tools > share.
If MX Player is an oversized app for your device
Unfortunately, if you don’t have enough storage on your device to download large apps like MX Player, you can download the ‘Status Saver’ app on your mobile phone. The app can be downloaded from the Google Play Store for free.
The app is specially created for downloading WhatsApp status videos and photos on your device. There are a lot of related apps available on the Play Store but I suggest ‘Status Saver’. It is quite popular.
If you are using the WhatsApp Web
You can also download the WhatsApp status videos if you are on the WhatsApp Web platform. The best part is that, by using the WhatsApp Web service, you don’t need to install any external software or third-party application on your computer. You can directly save them in your local memory.
- Open WhatsApp Web on your computer.
- Click on the Status icon to open the status window.
- Select status and right-click anywhere on the video bounded screen.
- Select ‘Save Video As’ to save it to your favorite location.