Suppose, your father has recently created a new Facebook account and undoubtedly, you are the first one to receive a friend request from him. But you can’t accept his request as, by doing so, you will expose all your personal photos with your girlfriend to him. Also, you can’t deny or keep his friend request on hold as it will let your father think that you are hiding something from him.
Either you can set the posts’ privacy to private (only me) or you can permanently delete all those photos. But you don’t want to perform either of the two options because these two actions can droop your so-called girlfriend show off in front of your friends. I have seen people who are in a relationship are a bit popular among their Facebook friends in general.
Anyhow, jokes apart, there is a smart way by which you can hide your personal posts from your specific Facebook friends intelligently without unfriending them.
If You Are On Desktop
- Login to your Facebook account and go to the profile section of the person from whom you wish to hide your personal posts.
- Inside the profile section, you will find an option called ‘Friends’ beside their profile photo.
- Hover your mouse over ‘Friends’ and scroll down inside the dropdown box that appears.
- At the bottom, enable the option called “Restricted”.
The restricted mode permits a user to hide all such posts from particular Facebook friends, of which the privacy is kept as friends or public, without unfriending or letting them know about it.
But remember, they can still see all the public post updates you will make on Facebook. Also, all the comments that you will post on public posts (like Facebook pages) will be visible to your restricted members.
If You Are On The Facebook App
The steps are quite similar.
- Open the Facebook app from your phone and login to your account.
- Go to the profile section of the person from whom you wish to hide your personal posts.
- Look for the option ‘Friends’.
- You can trace it beneath the profile picture of that person.
- Click on that and a list of options will emerge from the bottom.
- Select ‘Edit Friend List’ from the list.
- Enable the option Restricted.
A Simpler Way
There is another option (called Specific friends) by which you can hide some specific posts from some particular people. The only difference between this and the restricted mode is that the restricted feature changes the settings permanently. But by using this feature, you will need to edit the settings each time you post a photo or video on Facebook.